It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Iteration visibility restriction

Rhishikesh Patil (1311827) | asked Feb 13 '14, 11:38 a.m.
Hi All,

We are trying to hide iteration from all other teams in project area and should be visible to specific team. Suppose Timeline is having name Development having iteration Sprint 1. Team is Dev Team with Development timeline set to this team. There are other teams in this project area and we don't want them see this iteration or don't want to give them permission to select and save this iteration. Is this possible? with Iteration Type may be

Thanks in advance for your help.

Regards,
Rhishikesh

Comments
Wendy Murphy commented Feb 13 '14, 11:45 a.m.

When you say you don't want them to see the iteration you want to hide that timeline and iterations or isolate them to a specific team only? Second question select and save this iteration. What does that mean? They can't select in the work item? Could you be more specific then I might have a few ideas for you.

Rhishikesh Patil commented Feb 13 '14, 12:02 p.m.

I want to hide this iteration from selection in Planned For attribute of Work item or if this is not possible then if user selects this iteration he should be allowed to save work item. Only allowed team should be able to use/select this iteration.

One answer

permanent link
Ralph Schoon (63.1k33646) | answered Feb 18 '14, 7:42 a.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
As far as I can tell, you can prevent saving the planned for attribute on team area permissions. As long as a user does not have a role that allows him to save this attribute in the team area selected as owner of the work item, he would not be able to save.

As far as I am aware, once the category is set and the team area selected, the planned for values that can be selected are from the timeline the team is associated to.

Otherwise, there is no mechanism for hiding timelines, I am aware of.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.