It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

RTC Eclipse 602 can not connect to repository received fatal alert: handshake_failure ( configured with client certificates)

Arun K Sriramaiah (3.2k23677) | asked Nov 15 '16, 3:42 a.m.
edited Nov 15 '16, 3:49 a.m.
Eclipse 4.2 RTC 602 will not connect to the Repository. I have a Client Certificate on my Client which is proofing my access to the RTC
Webpage. With this Certificate I can access RTC without any Issues but it is not working with Eclipse.

For Eclipse I created a .JKS and imported the Client certificate and started Eclipse via Admin CMD and -> eclipse.exe -nl en_US -vmargs -
Djavax.net.debug=all -Djavax.net.ssl.trustStore="E: \IBM\RTC602TeamConcert\ssl\RTCkey.jks" -Djavax.net.ssl.
trustStorePassword=*****

but I get an handshake error. RTC is on 602 iFix003 Eclipse is 4.2 RTC 602

!MESSAGE Error logged from Process RCP UI:
!STACK 0
com.ibm.team.repository.common.TeamRepositoryException: CRJAZ2384E Cannot connect to the repository at URL "https://mbse-dev.daimler.com/ccm", see the nested exception for more details.
    at com.ibm.team.repository.client.util.RepositoryUtil.getRepositoryId2(RepositoryUtil.java:139)
    at com.ibm.team.repository.client.internal.TeamRepositoryService.connectToAndUpdateTeamRepository(TeamRepositoryService.java:401)
    at com.ibm.team.repository.client.internal.TeamRepositoryService.getTeamRepositoryWithOverride(TeamRepositoryService.java:180)
    at com.ibm.team.process.rcp.ui.RepositoryCreationPage.createNewRepository(RepositoryCreationPage.java:235)
    at com.ibm.team.process.rcp.ui.RepositoryCreationPage.create(RepositoryCreationPage.java:201)
    at com.ibm.team.process.rcp.ui.RepositoryCreationPage$1.run(RepositoryCreationPage.java:130)
    at org.eclipse.jface.operation.ModalContext$ModalContextThread.run(ModalContext.java:121)
Caused by: javax.net.ssl.SSLHandshakeException: Received fatal alert: handshake_failure
    at com.ibm.jsse2.j.a(j.java:9)
    at com.ibm.jsse2.j.a(j.java:6)
    at com.ibm.jsse2.qc.b(qc.java:744)
    at com.ibm.jsse2.qc.a(qc.java:463

Accepted answer

permanent link
Shubjit Naik (1.5k1613) | answered Nov 15 '16, 3:48 a.m.
 Hi Arun

We tested this with Mutual Authentication for CLM, where the clients would need to present a certificate that the Server would understand and trust. We had similar issues with Eclipse clients when client needs to present a certificate. We got past it by adding some parameters in eclipse.ini file. Example certificate config that we added

-Djavax.net.ssl.keyStore="E:\IBM\RTC602TeamConcert\ssl\RTC-Client-Key.p12"
-Djavax.net.ssl.keyStoreType="PKCS12"
-Djavax.net.ssl.keyStorePassword="*****"

Where RTC-Client-Key.p12 is the Client certificate that you select for example when accessing CLM through the Web. If there is no password for the certificate you can skip that parameter.

Arun K Sriramaiah selected this answer as the correct answer

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.