It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Report studio

Pankaj Salve (622) | asked Feb 13 '14, 5:08 a.m.
retagged Feb 13 '14, 6:17 a.m. by Francesco Chiossi (5.7k11119)
Hello Team,

how to display the linked task summary with CR in Cognos Report studio?

2 answers

permanent link
Francesco Chiossi (5.7k11119) | answered Feb 13 '14, 6:15 a.m.
Hello Pankaj,

I'm not sure if I fully understand your request, but if you want to see the links between 2 work items (1 change request and 1 task) you can do like this:

Drag and dropped the following items:
  • Operational Data Store > Request Area >  Request > Reference ID (this is the work item id in RTC)
  • Operational Data Store > Request Area >  Request > Name (this is the summary field in RTC)
  • Operational Data Store > Request Area >  Request Related Requests > Reference ID
  • Operational Data Store > Request Area >  Request Related Requests > Name
This is a sample of how the report looks like and the output:

Best Regards,

Francesco Chiossi

Comments
Pankaj Salve commented Feb 13 '14, 8:06 a.m.

Hi francesco,
Thanks a lot for your response.

can you please let me know if i want to display summary of CR linked with task summary , i.e. in my report i want summary of CR and summary of linked Task of same project.

awaiting response.

Regards,
Pankaj

permanent link
Francesco Chiossi (5.7k11119) | answered Feb 13 '14, 8:11 a.m.
Hello Pankaj,

if by summary you mean the Summary field in RTC that is the Name field in the example above.
if you mean the Description (longer text field), this is not available in the data warehouse for reporting, as all the larger fields (more that 1000 characters, I think) have not been included for performance reasons.

Best Regards,

Francesco Chiossi

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.