It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Can Requirement Attributes Be Imported Into RM

Joe Lynch (1479) | asked Feb 11 '14, 1:51 p.m.
edited Feb 11 '14, 5:45 p.m. by Geoffrey Clemm (30.1k33035)

In RequisitePro a user could export requirement attributes to a csv file, make changes or additions to attributes in the csv file and then import the changes into the RequisitePro database.

Is there a similar capability in the Jazz RTC Requirements Management module?

We need to make numerous changes to some attributes and not all are the same change.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Accepted answer

permanent link
Charlie Seo (22127) | answered Feb 12 '14, 12:06 a.m.
If you mean the requirements are in CLM database, RRC offers filtering and you can modify an attribute value with multiple selection so those can have the same value at once.

I dont think RRC support updating mutiple data by uploading a static file but programatically it can be implemented using RM REST API.
Joe Lynch selected this answer as the correct answer

One other answer

permanent link
Antoinette Iacobo (650712) | answered Feb 11 '14, 3:41 p.m.
 You can import requirements using a CSV File.  
"

CSV file import to requirements projects

You can import the tabular information of a comma-separated values (CSV) file from your file system to a folder or module in a requirements project. When you import requirements from a CSV file, the artifacts in the file are converted into text-based artifacts in the requirements project."
See this link for more information: 

Comments
Antoinette Iacobo commented Feb 11 '14, 3:43 p.m. | edited Feb 11 '14, 5:45 p.m.

This breadcrumb shows you the higher level topic and navigation for working with CSV Files in RRC:  Requirements Management application 4.0. > Managing and composing requirements > Working in the web client > Defining requirements > Importing and exporting files

Joe Lynch commented Feb 11 '14, 7:16 p.m.

Thanks Antoinette, but we already have the requirements themselves in the database. I was hoping i could export those requirements, make updates to the attributes in the exported file, and then import the same file back into the database in hopes of updating the already loaded attributes.

This could be done in RequisitePro and i was hoping it could also be done in Jazz RTC RM.

Thanks,

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.