It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Changing Font or Font Size adds Carriage Returns

Evan Edwards (231014) | asked Feb 10 '14, 4:39 p.m.
edited Feb 10 '14, 4:40 p.m.

I am using Internet Explorer 10 and when I create artifacts in Requirements Management and I past text in from Microsoft PowerPoint then change the font from the default Arial to Tahoma Internet Explorer will insert a carriage return in my pasted text and if I change the font size it will also carriage returns in to my artifact text.  Is there a way to stop this so that I don’t have to spend a lot of time to reediting my artifact text?

One answer

permanent link
Stephanie Bagot (2.1k1513) | answered Feb 11 '14, 1:06 p.m.
FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
This is probably due to the formatting from PowerPoint. You can try to paste into Notepad and then paste into RRC which will remove any of the formatting copied from PP.

Comments
Evan Edwards commented Feb 13 '14, 12:33 p.m. | edited Feb 13 '14, 12:34 p.m.

I think this could work as well; however, I have also noticed this with copied text from Microsoft Word documents. I guess I thought the artifact Rich Text editor would be able to handle copying and pasting from Microsoft products better.

Also, I noticed that if I copied from the Requirements Artifact to Notepad that it automatically adds a double space between the lines of text.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.