It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

inserting process diagram in document

Qaiser Islam (31297074) | asked Feb 09 '14, 8:58 a.m.
 hi,

I am using DM 4.0.5, i created one DM project and added two domains documentation and process, i am able to insert the free form diagram and sketches in document. but when i add process diagram into it. it does not show up.

any idea?

Thanks,
Qaiser Islam

One answer

permanent link
Francois-xavier Panaget (58914) | answered Feb 10 '14, 11:19 a.m.
Hi,

When you say process diagram, you mean BPMN (Business Process Model and Notation) diagram, right?
I do not believe you can add process diagram directly from the DM web client.
This needs to be done via the thick client (RSA+RSA DM Extension).
Adding the domain will allow to get the ability to create the Process diagrams but only from the RSA Design Explorer.

Regards,
François

Comments
Qaiser Islam commented Feb 10 '14, 3:31 p.m.

when you add process domain, Web client does allow to create simple process diagram, like start,end , decision shapes. but when i add into document it does not appear. i figured out one alternative, after adding the process domain the process shapes also appears in free form diagram as well. and this free form diagram is visible when i insert into document.

Thanks,
Qaiser

Francois-xavier Panaget commented Feb 11 '14, 6:45 a.m.

Hi Qaiser,

You are right. You can indeed add a (new or existing) process to a freeform diagram if you have added the process domain to the project area.

PS: You may need to specifically select the "Process domain" in the drop down list of the available domains to be able to add a process to the diagram if it is not available when selecting  "All Domains".
This happens if you have added the process domain after the creation of the diagram and did not refresh the diagram page.

Regards,
Francois

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.