It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

How to use word style template with custom report in Design Management

Krzysztof Gemser (1036) | asked Nov 26 '15, 4:16 a.m.
edited Nov 26 '15, 4:17 a.m.
Hi, I'm prepering a report in RPE for Design Management application. With this report i want to use Word file as a templete or style templete. When i generete my report from RPE Studio I add *.dot to configuration of report and it is working ok. When I upload *.dta to DM application as Report Templates i also add my *.dot in Additional Files section. Is that how it should look like?. How i should add Word templete so it can be accesible from DM application report generation.

RPE 1.2.1
DM 4.0.6

Accepted answer

permanent link
Donat Hutter (2153239) | answered Nov 26 '15, 4:40 a.m.
The following is the way it behaves in RQM 4.0.6. I expect it will be the same in DM.

Upload the document template (.dta) as the resource and add the document specification (.dsx) and the word template as attachment. You should see something like this.
NOTE:

Make sure the attached files do not have a path. After uploading, the files might be prefixed with C:\fakepath\ (this is the case in my environment). Edit the line and remove the path prefix.

regards,
Donat
Krzysztof Gemser selected this answer as the correct answer

Comments
Krzysztof Gemser commented Nov 26 '15, 5:35 a.m.

Thank you very much for your answer. It works great, thanks!
I had not thought to add the file * .dsx. This is obvious because the file * .dsx connects  Word template  with RPE *.dta template.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.