It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

What to do with "Problem running 'create workspace'" error message with CLI tool

alex ben (312) | asked Feb 06 '14, 4:27 p.m.
edited Feb 06 '14, 4:33 p.m.
 Hello, I'm having an issue when trying to create a workspace using the CLI tool.  The following message is showed:

Ambiguous selector "Maintenance - Config" matched multiple items:
Possible matches:
  (1004) "Maintenance - Config"
  (1005) "Maintenance - Config"
Problem running 'create workspace':
Ambiguous stream selector "Maintenance - Config"

The command I'm using is this one:
--> scmtools/eclipse/lscm create workspace -r https://rtcsvr01:9443/jazz -u <user> -P <myPassword> -s "Maintenance – Config" "Maintenance – Config – <user>”

I already contacted the administrator but she was unable to locate a duplicate stream with that name in the RTC Server.  Do you know what can be wrong, or what steps can I do to fix this ?

By the way, this is the only stream that is giving me the error, I already tried with other 57 streams and no one gave me any error.

The client version is: com.ibm.team.filesystem.cli.client, version 3.0.3.v20120308_1209

Accepted answer

permanent link
Lily Wang (4.9k714) | answered Feb 06 '14, 7:20 p.m.
Hi Alex,

If you know which stream you want to use, you can use the 4 digit alias shown in brackets in your commands instead of the stream name.
For example: lscm create workspace -r https://rtcsvr01:9443/jazz -u <user> -P <mypassword> -s 1004 "Maintenance – Config – <user>”
Note: the aliases cannot be used across systems or it should not be used in scripts.

You can also run "lscm list stream -v" to list all streams in the repository.
alex ben selected this answer as the correct answer

Comments
alex ben commented Feb 07 '14, 10:08 a.m.

Thanks a lot Lily, I have tried to create it with the 4 digits alias and that helped me a lot, because I found that the main issue was related that another User created another stream with the same name, so that caused the problem.

I just asked the user to delete that stream and now everything is working fine.

By the way, when you run the "lscm list stream -v" there is a parameter you can use called "--maximum", that is useful when you have more than 10 streams on your repository (like my case).

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.