It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Mandatory Link Field for RRC

Murat Isleyen (191620) | asked Feb 06 '14, 4:04 a.m.
edited Feb 06 '14, 4:22 a.m.
I want to set a rule which the creation of a link to a workitem is mandatory for a created requirement in RRC.

I know that we can do it using Operation Behaviour In RTC and RQM.

How can set such this rule in RRC?

Accepted answer

permanent link
Daniel Moul (4.9k1318) | answered Feb 06 '14, 6:44 a.m.
FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
Currently the built-in process support in RRC/RDNG is not this advanced, so there isn't a declarative / configurable way to impose this dependency before saving.

But I think you could address this requirement by running an "audit check" in a couple of different ways:
  1. Use the new JavaScript extension to identify any requirements that lack this link. It may be possible to have it alert the user when saving the artifact.
  2. Use a saved view that includes a combination of relevant artifact type(s) and the link type that must exist; include in the view a sort that puts any artifacts with missing links at the top of the results.
Murat Isleyen selected this answer as the correct answer

2 other answers

permanent link
Canberk Akduygu (99237371) | answered Mar 19 '14, 11:21 a.m.
Hi Daniel,

Which folder should we deploy those extensions on WAS 8 ?

permanent link
Dominic Tulley (38114) | answered Mar 24 '14, 11:27 a.m.
Hi Canberk,
using WAS to host your extensions files is not an easy choice as it is not designed to providing simple hosting of static content.  I believe most deployments of WAS also include a separate web server (perhaps Apache or IHS) and this is more likely to be where you would want to put your static content.
This article provides some insight into your options http://www.ibm.com/developerworks/websphere/techjournal/0211_brown/brown.html.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.