It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

RTC Updating to version 1.0.1.1

Milan Krivic (98013176143) | asked Mar 16 '09, 11:34 a.m.
Hi,

I have this situation on my PC: RTC client 1.0.1, but as plugin of RAD 7.5. Now, how I can install or update current RTC version 1.0.1 to RTC 1.0.1.1 in RAD 7.5? Is it a new installation in same path where I have RAD 7.5?example C:\....\IBM\SDP, or modifying packages by removing old extension of RTC 1.0.1 and new installation in same path?

Thanks,

Milan

2 answers

permanent link
Adil Chahid (45524118) | answered Mar 17 '09, 9:50 p.m.
Hi,
did you try extending the RAD 7.5 or RSM 7.5 Eclipse by injecting a fresh install of RTC 1.0.1.1 in it?
I never tried it but I wonder how it will react knowing that those products come bundled with RTC if that option is chosen during the install process.
If that bundle doesn't allow us the injection of 1.0.1.1, I would uninstall RAD and re-install it without the RTC support and I'd try to inject it from the Installation Manager during the RTC install.

I hope that there's a better way,

Take care!

permanent link
Chris Daly (61651) | answered Mar 19 '09, 7:12 p.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
You should not need to completely uninstall RAD. Instead I would:

1) start IM and select Modify, then choose your RAD install package
2) on the page where you can select features to install/remove, uncheck the "Rational Team Concert - Client" feature (in the Rational lifecycle integrations section) to remove this feature and proceed through the modify operation
3) now that the RTC 1.0 feature that came with RAD is removed you can install RTC 1.0.1.1 as a separate offering in the same package group. Do this by choosing "Use the existing package group" when you are installing RTC and then select the package group for RAD.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.