It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

how to send additional emails, help!

sam detweiler (12.5k6195201) | asked Jun 19 '12, 10:03 a.m.
In some of our business processes, we need to send email to selected team members to inform them about work they may need to review. when a new workitem is submitted, and when a state change occurs and an approval is required. not all the users are or need to be be approvers.

RTC will only send to users in the Approvers list on approvals..  we need a different set of users..

so, I thought, heck, I can write an extension for these projects, and let them customize  wen to send these notifications, and invoke the 4.0 mail service

boooo.. the mail service isn't exposed..

any other suggestions?

if I could support this little function, I could shut down a separate app server AND provide better integration, usability and reporting for these teams.. (as this new workitem links to Defects)

Sam

3 answers

permanent link
John Vasta (2.6k15) | answered Jun 20 '12, 6:11 a.m.
FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
The mailer service is actually named com.ibm.team.repository.service.IMailerService. There is also a REST service that can be used from code running outside the JTS, as described in https://jazz.net/wiki/bin/view/Main/JFSMailerAPI.

permanent link
Ralph Schoon (63.1k33646) | answered Jun 20 '12, 4:39 a.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
Hi Sam,

I am aware that others have extended the notification mechanism to send E-Mail. The E-Mail service was exposed in 3.x I believe as com.ibm.team.repository.service.MailSender; Please note, this is a server side API. The mailer was not exposed in the client.

permanent link
sam detweiler (12.5k6195201) | answered Jun 20 '12, 1:48 p.m.
interesting.. I see the class and can access it from an advisor.. but don't see it exported anywhere..

now on to the next question.. are there any examples of the config data for advisors.. 

I need to add a list of contributors to send this mail to..  I just don't see how to build the ui for these plugins..

thanks

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.