It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

IBM installation manager is not accepting RSADM client repository file

Javaria Hameed (403847) | asked Jan 22 '14, 4:50 a.m.

I have downloaded RSADM client version 3.0 and every time I attempt to install client, IBM IM prompts same error:

Repository G:\RSADM_clients\disk1\ad cannot be opened directly. it must be opened thru disk 1 at G:\RSADM_clients\disk1\

i downloaded several times but no gain. Basically, I want to connect my RSA to DM server. There is no DESIGN EXPLORER is seen in my RSA. Import engine is configured and started though.

please anyone worked on this, do reply me. thanx

One answer

permanent link
Georg Kellner (840479109) | answered Jan 22 '14, 5:35 a.m.
Hi Javaria,

I don't know the RSADM, but in generall the IBM Rational installation follows this way:
- download and install IBM InstallationManager
- download and install the IBM PackagingUtility
- download the *.zips of RSADM
- create a repository using the Packaging Utility and copy the RSADM files via Packaging Utility to this repository
- install the RSADM via InstallationManager using the created repository.

greetings georg.

Comments
Francois-xavier Panaget commented Jan 22 '14, 6:21 a.m.

Hi,
Using the package utility is one option but a requirement.
From Installation Manager, it should be enough to add a new repository pointing to
...\RSADM_Client\disk1\diskTag.inf.
If this does not work, please verify the download and the unzipping of the files.
Javaria, may be you can post of screenshot of what you have downloaded and zipped.
Thanks,
François

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.