It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Saving dashboard causes dissapearing it

Terry Taylor (4199) | asked Jan 17 '14, 9:39 a.m.
edited Jan 17 '14, 10:37 a.m. by Krzysztof Kaźmierczyk (7.4k373103)

Using 3.0.1, I believe our repository has been shuffled from test to production servers which may have changed the Public URL. Our users were never in the web interface as all work was carried out in Eclipse. Now we are starting a management of documents area, we need the Web interface to satisfy casual users.

Dashboards do function, however any changes or creations are not persistent! Someone can create a personal dashboard, click to a project dashboard, make a change, personal dashboard has disappeared!

I've seen guidance on using https://Jazz-Server.com/jts/dashboard-admin but I don't know the previous Public URL!

I've also seen that using repotools to delete the dashboard area could fix it (deleteJFSResources). However a lot of guidance on PublicURL change includes trying -reIndex as a 1st attempt.

I have a rare oppurtunity coming up with everyone off the system, so I've set myself the task of fixing this after a lot of backups happen.

Any guidance or experience would be greatly appreciated!

Cheers

One answer

permanent link
Krzysztof Kaźmierczyk (7.4k373103) | answered Jan 17 '14, 10:37 a.m.
Hi Terry,
RTC 3.0.1 is really old version. What are your plans to migrate to never version?

To troubleshoot that I would recommend you opening new PMR. We can organize Firebug session there to investigate it.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.