It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Specifying read only attributes does not work for built in

Amaury Quintero (901217) | asked Jan 17 '14, 5:42 a.m.
 Hello,

When I specify an attribute as read only in the attribute definition section of the process, prevents this attribute if it is value set or multivalue, being loaded by WorkItemEditableProperties, the loading of the workitem is faster; but if I set a built-in one, to be read-only, this doesn't work. It is a bug?

2 answers

permanent link
Stephanie Bagot (2.1k1513) | answered Feb 11 '14, 1:40 p.m.
FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
I was able to reproduce this  on 4.0.5. I set the OOTB enumeration 'priority' to readOnly. In the web client, I am still able to edit this drop down. However, in the eclipse client, priority is set to readOnly. Eclipse and the web are known to behave differently since different code is called, but I agree this is unexpected.

I would recommend you open up a PMR with IBM Support so they can confirm that this is a defect and whether or not this is fixed in a future release.

permanent link
Amaury Quintero (901217) | answered Feb 12 '14, 4:26 a.m.
My concern is most for the performance problem due to that, suppose that you have Restricted Access and File Against Read Only, and you have thousands of Access Groups and thousands of Areas, this imply a very serious performance problem for the work item load due to WorkItemEditableProperties service behavior.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.