It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Change 'Filed Against' to 'Category',

sam detweiler (12.5k6195201) | asked Jan 16 '14, 9:28 a.m.
 what is the best way to change the filed against variable to be 'Category'.
and is this jumping off the cliff of downstream changes? 

Comments
Aradhya K commented Jan 16 '14, 11:35 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER

Actually the Type of Filed Against is a Category. Do you want to change the label in the work item editor??

sam detweiler commented Jan 16 '14, 11:53 a.m.

changing the label would be ok, except that queries would still see 'Filed Against'.

trying to remove confusion for the users. 

and the 'Filed Against' is misleading, cause its really a people/team routing function, not a product functional area. (if you drag drop a workitem from one team to another, and the target team is not in the same category, then RTC will change the category for you without telling you.. 

Accepted answer

permanent link
Rod Brandt (2613) | answered Jan 16 '14, 3:23 p.m.
Sam, we changed the OOTB name to Category and it changed it in the queries as well. Am I missing something?  I wouldn't replace the OOTB with your own as I think that would cause other issues.
sam detweiler selected this answer as the correct answer

Comments
sam detweiler commented Jan 16 '14, 3:34 p.m.

thanks.. for some reason on the screen were we on, we could not edit the 'name'.. 

works now..

so 'never mind'!

thanks for the answer Rod.. nice to see you still here. 

One other answer

permanent link
Stephanie Bagot (2.1k1513) | answered Jan 16 '14, 1:18 p.m.
FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
I tried to change it on my server, and it allows me to change the name, but won't synchronize the attribute. The query still shows "Filed Against", which is probably the same as you ran in to. I think this may be working as designed since Filed Against is an OOB attribute which is used internally. I think your best bet may be to create a new attribute and name it something else if you want the query to be updated.

Comments
sam detweiler commented Jan 16 '14, 1:31 p.m. | edited Jan 16 '14, 1:32 p.m.

yes, I have done that, and renamed the OOtB 'filed against' as 'zfiled against, so it will always be at the bottom of the attribute list in te query editor.

the problem I am worried about is all the places that depend on the ID of the OOtB filed Against field. which will always be empty now.. 
(that was my jumping off the cliff' comment. just what have I done to the system with this simple change..

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.