It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Can I get a list of files changed since 1st January?

Eddie Breeveld (6112530) | asked Jan 08 '14, 10:54 a.m.
edited Jan 10 '14, 5:47 a.m. by Krzysztof Kaźmierczyk (7.4k374103)
(RTC 4.0.4, Visual Studio 2010 or Eclipse) We need to ensure that the correct copyright is placed in our C++ files.  Before our next software release is there an easy way to produce a list of all files that have been delivered to a stream this year?

Comments
Henning Sternkicker commented Jan 09 '14, 9:54 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER

Have you tried to use the "Search" feature in the Eclipse Client? It is not possible to search for files directly, but you can search for change sets. Try the "Search" Menu item in the Eclipse client, select Jazz Source Code Control as the Menu Item with the subnode "Change Sets" and in the Search dialog in the upper part you can select the context for the search, e.g. the stream that you want to control and in the "properties" section of the search you can adjust the Date. That will bring up a list of all change sets that have been delivered to the stream after the date you set.
Ist that what you want to achieve?

Henning

Eddie Breeveld commented Jan 09 '14, 10:28 a.m.

Thanks for your suggestion.  Unfortunately I'd like files, not change sets.  For instance, one file may be changed in 30 change sets, I don't want to check the same file 30 times!

Eddie Breeveld commented Jan 09 '14, 10:32 a.m.

A colleague (Ken McRae) suggested that I create a new workspace from the stream, discard all change sets since 1st Jan, then compared the workspace with the stream.  I haven't tried it yet.

Shashikant Padur commented Jan 10 '14, 5:00 a.m. | edited Jan 10 '14, 5:02 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER

If you are going to write a script you could use the command line. Command line can print the output in json format so that it can be easily parsed.

To list the changesets: scm list changesets -w <stream name> --created-after <date> --json
To list files in the changeset: scm list changes -r <repoUri> <change-set uuid> --json

Eddie Breeveld commented Jan 10 '14, 9:01 a.m.

Thanks. I've not heard of json format before.  Can the output be in plain text, or CSV?

Shashikant Padur commented Jan 12 '14, 10:35 p.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER

The default output is in plain text (if you omit the --json option). But we recommend using json output format as any changes to plain text format could break the scripts.

showing 5 of 6 show 1 more comments

Accepted answer

permanent link
Andrew Niefer (7135) | answered Jan 08 '21, 11:09 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
edited Jan 08 '21, 11:10 a.m.
Starting in 6.0.3, this can be achieved in the Eclipse Client by exporting a change log from the change explorer or change summary views.

The steps are roughly:
  1. Search for change sets using Search > Jazz Source Control > Change Sets, with appropriate date, location and component set.
  2. In the search results tab, select the change sets and select Open With > Change Explorer
  3. In the Change Explorer view menu, select Save Change Log...
Ensure "Change sets" is not selected, Select "Filesystem changes".  The result will be a list of the modified files.

Michael Valenta selected this answer as the correct answer

Comments
Michael Valenta commented Jan 08 '21, 11:20 a.m.
FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER

Another approach would be to show the operation history of the stream and compare the last entry for the previous year to the latest in the stream and generate a change log from that.

One other answer

permanent link
Krzysztof Kaźmierczyk (7.4k374103) | answered Jan 10 '14, 5:42 a.m.
Hi Eddie,
I know that e.g. git has such feature so why there is a good reason to create RFE for that:  https://jazz.net/jazz/web/projects/Rational%20Team%20Concert#action=com.ibm.team.workitem.viewWorkItem&id=297000

Feel free to subscribe to this rfe to track the progress.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.