It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

OpenShift and Jazz Hub Integration

Yehia Abo Sedera (611) | asked Jan 07 '14, 9:54 a.m.
 I am currently hosting several project on openshift and I want to use Jazz hub manage the code how can this be done ?

Thanks

2 answers

permanent link
McQ Wilson (613) | answered Jan 07 '14, 10:35 a.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
OpenShift uses git for deployment, so if the project is backed by a git repo, then you should just be able to add a remote that points at your OpenShift instance and do a standard git push to get it there. Here's an article (which looks to be a bit out of date now) that shows how to do this with Orion (the open source base for the JazzHub web IDE):
    http://planetorion.org/news/2011/10/deploying-web-applications-from-orion-to-heroku/

... I just tried deploying to Heroku from a project at hub.jazz.net that was backed by a GitHub repo. Basically, all I had to do was click the "More" button in the "Push All" popup (on the Git Status page) and enter "heroku/master" as the branch (and give it my SSH key). I haven't worked with OpenShift, but I suspect it would be similar.

I'm not sure what the best way to get started is if you're using Jazz SCM, although I have been able to actually store a git repo (i.e. including the ".git" directory) *inside* a Jazz project. It's a bit odd, but it would make the separation clear (i.e. Jazz SCM for source code, Git for deployment). I haven't tried this though.

permanent link
McQ Wilson (613) | answered Jan 07 '14, 10:42 a.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
 *sigh*. Just noticed that I didn't mention the article referenced above is also about Heroku. As I said above, I haven't actually tried OpenShift.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.