It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Permissions in Jazz Hub

Christopher Coburn (111) | asked Sep 26 '13, 9:34 a.m.
I am using Jazz Hub for a school project after having used RTC in a normal Jazz server environment. I am unable to change any of the permissions, timelines, project area etc. I understand this may be to make the setup easier for people that don't know how to use all the features but is there a way possibly to get the permissions required or a place to send the change requests to one of the admins so that they can come and make the changes inside the project.

Comments
Christopher Coburn commented Sep 26 '13, 9:36 a.m.

For clearer examples:

• Id like to change the dates of a timeline.
  • Id like to change the roles of team members
  • Id like to change the permissions of certain roles

One answer

permanent link
Lauren Hayward Schaefer (3.3k11727) | answered Sep 26 '13, 11:03 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
Hi Christopher,

Thanks for the feedback!  You're right that we've simplified managing the projects to make it easier to use. 

It is possible for you to change the dates of the timeline.  In the JazzHub web interface, navigate to your project by clicking Explore Projects and then clicking on your project.  On this project details page, you have the ability to customize your timeline. 

You can't currently change the roles of team members or the permissions of roles.  Currently, the owner has the ability to modify certain pieces of the projects that others cannot like the project name, the timeline, and the project photo.  The owner can also invite people to join the project as well as accept or deny requests to join.

Are there specific features you would like enabled or disabled for a particular role?  We'd like to understand what people are looking for in configuring roles.

Comments
Christopher Coburn commented Sep 26 '13, 11:08 a.m.

There are three members that I have invited to the project that I would like to give only stake holder permissions. These members are supervisors of the project so I would not want them to modify tasks, Play with code or even show up in work breakdown views.

Lauren Hayward Schaefer commented Sep 26 '13, 11:17 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER

Hi Christopher,

Thanks for the response!  It makes sense you would have restricted access for stakeholders.  Would you not want to be able to ask stakeholders questions in work items and have them respond?

As a workaround while JazzHub doesn't have role support, if your project is public, you could choose not to add your stakeholders as members of your project.  Be aware that any registered user can update work items for any public project. This is so that people can file defects or add comments about your project for you to see.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.