It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

For what are the LDAP settings in Advanced Properties, if I'm in a Websphere envoironment?

Guido Schneider (3.4k1491115) | asked Dec 20 '13, 3:52 a.m.
I'm using Websphere as application server. I configured the security and LDAP access within Websphere. Also for the applications I configured the group mapping.

Question:
- do I have to configure the same again within JTS advanced properties, or are this values just required for Tomcat installations? Following section in advanced properties does not make sense for me and are double in a Websphere environment.
com.ibm.team.repository.service.jts.internal.userregistry.ldap.LDAPUserRegistryProvider

If they are necessary, why? I like to understand the technique behind the scene.

Accepted answer

permanent link
Sumant Renukarya (1.1k23339) | answered Dec 20 '13, 4:14 a.m.
 Hi Guido

1. Yes; You will have to configure/provide the details of base DN and the rest again in JTS advanced properties or when you run JTS setup.  

2. I believe it's mainly for nightly sync to update and reflect new users in JTS, as in LDAP. If not, there will be a need to manually run repotools -syncUsers  

Guido Schneider selected this answer as the correct answer

Comments
Guido Schneider commented Jan 10 '14, 5:19 a.m.

This is correct. I verified this a bit:

To verify the Synch setup, best ist to use the Import User button on the users page in JTS and search for a user. This is using the values in advanced properties.

Logon in Jazz is using the WAS Global Security properties.

The Repository group memberships (the five flags of each user) is using the WAS group setup of the application war files.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.