It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

JFS 3.0.1.3 LDAP settings

Gang Duan (1833) | asked Aug 02 '12, 7:36 a.m.
Hi guys

I saw there are two places to set LDAP information, while in 2.x, there is only one?

what is the different?

com.ibm.team.repository.service.jts.internal.userregistry.ldap.LDAPUserRegistryProvider

and

com.ibm.team.repository.userregistry.provider.ldaplocalgroup.LDAPLocalGroupRegistryProvider

Please help, cheers!

Accepted answer

permanent link
Ralph Schoon (63.1k33646) | answered Aug 02 '12, 8:42 a.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
edited Aug 02 '12, 8:43 a.m.
This has, most likely, to do with configuring a local group realm (group information not in LDAP). See http://pic.dhe.ibm.com/infocenter/clmhelp/v4r0/topic/com.ibm.jazz.install.doc/topics/t_config_ldaplicalgroup.html

For 2.x there was a patch see https://jazz.net/library/article/457
Gang Duan selected this answer as the correct answer

Comments
Gang Duan commented Aug 02 '12, 9:54 a.m.

Problem solved, by checking the documents in the first link.

3 other answers

permanent link
Gang Duan (1833) | answered Aug 02 '12, 9:26 a.m.
Thanks for the quick reply, actually I want to use w3 bluegroups to manage users, do I need to config local realm?

permanent link
Ralph Schoon (63.1k33646) | answered Aug 02 '12, 9:29 a.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
If you have the Repository group information in the bluegroups and map them in LDAP, no, as far as i can tell.

permanent link
Gang Duan (1833) | answered Aug 02 '12, 9:33 a.m.
com.ibm.team.repository.service.jts.internal.userregistry.ldap.LDAPUserRegistryProvider

I configured this already, and set the user registry to LDAP, but the user from bluegroup with JazzAdmin role still can not login to the jfs admin panel, it only support tomcat user admin, which was initialed in the jfs setup process.

what else do I forget? :-) thanks!

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.