It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Creating RQM project area with project properties does not work?

sune lomholt (756) | asked Dec 15 '13, 7:59 a.m.
I have tried to follow the description in the help description for 4.0.3 on how to get Project Properties as part of the Project Area Template such that e.g. Test Case categories and Test Case templates become part of the new project area. However I have not been able to get it to work.

I follow the description on the help pages for v.4.0.3 which is the version we have currently.

Any suggestions on what goes wrong?

Accepted answer

permanent link
Tory Jaskoviak (52015) | answered Dec 23 '13, 10:37 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
Hi Sune,

You need to make sure you are using either an Admin or Project Area Admin user when exporting the project area template and importing it. I would recommend using an Admin because there are a couple defects that prevent categories from exporting when exported/imported with the Project Area Admin:

QM Asset Customizations Not Included when JazzProjectAdmin Plays Role in Process Template Extraction or Project Area Creation - Fixed in 4.0.4

Artifact Templates are not preserved when Process Template imported by Project Admin - Fixed in 4.0.5

But assuming that you export/import with the Jazz Admin, any category changes you make should be properly exported along with the template.

Regards,
Tory

sune lomholt selected this answer as the correct answer

Comments
sune lomholt commented Jan 07 '14, 2:59 a.m.

Thanks Tory,

This was exactly the case. I have the JazzProjectAdmin repository access and not JazzAdmin and we are using 4.0.3.

So I assume that changing to the JazzAdmin repository access should fix the problem until we upgrade to 4.0.5 or later.

Thanks
Sune

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.