It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Work Item Query Folders

Mark Roberts (1205338) | asked Mar 02 '09, 11:08 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
Is it possible to create a folder structure under the work item -> my
queries (and within the shared queries area) to enable better
organisation of the queries into categories ?

Thanks

Mark

Accepted answer

permanent link
Attaullah Syed (13812) | answered Mar 04 '09, 5:49 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
Is it possible to create a folder structure under the work item -> my
queries (and within the shared queries area) to enable better
organisation of the queries into categories ?

Thanks

Mark

Hi Mark,

You can categorize work items under Shared Queries folder. To do so, open Project Area and click Work Item Categories tab. Here, you can add your work item category and associate it with a team area/development line.

Thanks,
Syed.
Mark Roberts selected this answer as the correct answer

2 other answers

permanent link
Nate Decker (37814261) | answered Aug 15 '13, 2:14 p.m.

This is an insufficient solution. If you share a query with another work item category, the query shows up in both places. It is present under that folder, but also under the "My Queries" folder. It's important to be able to organize the My Queries folder rather than just viewing the entire list without hierarchy.

I find that I have my own personal queries and queries that I want to share with other categories. I only want my personal queries to show up under "My Queries" and the shared queries to be differentiated somehow. My query list is currently something like 40 queries long and is continuously growing all of the time. It becomes unmanageable to have so many of them: it is difficult to know if I need a new query or if I can use an existing one.

permanent link
Nate Decker (37814261) | answered Aug 15 '13, 2:14 p.m.

This is an insufficient solution. If you share a query with another work item category, the query shows up in both places. It is present under that folder, but also under the "My Queries" folder. It's important to be able to organize the My Queries folder rather than just viewing the entire list without hierarchy.

I find that I have my own personal queries and queries that I want to share with other categories. I only want my personal queries to show up under "My Queries" and the shared queries to be differentiated somehow. My query list is currently something like 40 queries long and is continuously growing all of the time. It becomes unmanageable to have so many of them: it is difficult to know if I need a new query or if I can use an existing one.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.