It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Can a create a baseline from a Jenkins build?

muthukrishnan selvaraj (612) | asked Dec 07 '13, 11:27 p.m.
converted to question Aug 18 '15, 5:49 p.m. by Geoffrey Clemm (30.1k33035)

Hi,

I am using RTC with Jenkins.

I would like to know Is there any way that I can create a baseline through Jenkins to RTC. I have a build definition file but it is creating a namespace.

I am trying to do a post deliver the baseline from one stream to another after a build is success. Can someone suggest on this..

Comments
sam detweiler commented Dec 08 '13, 12:12 a.m.

Currently, The Post Build Deliver build def configuration only works with JBE. 

Spencer Murata commented Dec 09 '13, 8:42 a.m.
FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER

However since you are going from Jenkins to RTC, you could configure a baseline using the scm command line tool and deliver it as steps in a Jenkins project.  The post build deliver doesn't have to be done with the JBE.  The same steps could be accomplished with the command line tool.

~Spencer

sam detweiler commented Dec 09 '13, 8:49 a.m.

Right, you can code it yourself to workaround the current limitation. You will probably have to login in your script again.

muthukrishnan selvaraj commented Dec 09 '13, 1:14 p.m. | edited Aug 18 '15, 5:40 p.m.

Hi Murata/sam, is there any sample scripts you have to accomplish via scm command line tool.

Be the first one to answer this question!

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.