It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

How do I create a snapshot in a stream from a Jenkins build?

JY Hsu (1111) | asked Jun 28 '16, 9:44 a.m.
converted to question Jun 28 '16, 10:09 a.m. by Geoffrey Clemm (30.1k33035)
My Jenkins job only creates baseline and snapshots in workspace, not stream, even after I tell it to do so in post-build deliver. How do I make my Jenkins job create those in the stream, or deliver to the stream after the build automatically? I can take the always create baseline and snapshot before build approach. The problem is I don't even know how to do it.

Comments
JY Hsu commented Jun 28 '16, 10:14 a.m.

One other related question is that in Jenkins build triggered from Jenkins, I don't get buildResultUUID. However, most of the build system toolkit commands needs that. How do I get the buildResultUUID while also trigger build from Jenkins?

Sridevi Sangaiah commented Jul 01 '16, 1:41 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER

I believe once the Jenkins build is done, the buildResultUUID will be available in the "RTCBuildResultUUID" environment variable.

One answer

permanent link
Geoffrey Clemm (30.1k33035) | answered Jun 28 '16, 10:12 a.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
You can associate the snapshot to a stream, by changing the "owner" of the snapshot to be that stream.   Would that achieve the result you are looking for?

Comments
JY Hsu commented Jun 29 '16, 12:03 p.m.

But that has to be done manually. Is it possible to do it automatically?

Sridevi Sangaiah commented Jul 01 '16, 1:44 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER

You can use scm CLI in your build scripts to promote the snapshots to the stream.

JY Hsu commented Jul 01 '16, 3:22 a.m.

That will require buildResultUIID, but I don't see it or the RTCbuildResultUUID you mentioned in another comment in my Jenkins job.

Sridevi Sangaiah commented Jul 05 '16, 6:14 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER

If you are using RTC SCM in a pipeline job, having a look at the discussion in 370979: Environment variables for snapshot, build result UUID are null if env object is accessed before running teamconcert checkout step might help.

Thanks,
Sridevi

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.