It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

RQM Web Based Only?

Dennis Johns (133) | asked Dec 05 '13, 3:55 p.m.
We are creating a stand alone automated testing environment for RFT with 2 workstations (migrating to 4 soon), a db server, a domain controller, and a web server with no Internet access. Is web access necessary to incorporate RQM into this environment?

2 answers

permanent link
Ara Masrof (3.2k15) | answered Dec 05 '13, 9:31 p.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
 Dennis,
If you are looking to integrate RFT with RQM, you will need to be sure that the systems hosting RFT can successfully connect to the RQM server. The RFT systems will include an adapter that needs to be configured to access the RQM server, so you will need to ensure the connectivity between the two systems 

Ara

Comments
Dennis Johns commented Dec 09 '13, 9:35 a.m.

Can connectivity be achieved between 4 workstations on a standalone evironment? Can a RQM server be setup on the kind of environment? 

Ara Masrof commented Dec 09 '13, 9:49 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER

Setting up connectivity in a closed or private environment would be up to your IT/Network team; The CLM server would be set up using a Public URI, you would need to restrict access to that to that URL based on your security needs.

As long as the systems hosting the RFT adapter are able to access the RQM system server, you should be fine in regards to running your RFT test scripts

Dennis Johns commented Dec 09 '13, 10:20 a.m.

We are still in the install stages of the RFT environment Ara, so the question is not only can we but should we? Automated script testing is our initial goal, then proceeding to RPT further down the line. Once the RFT environment is setup, hopefully I can revisit this conversation with you. Thanks!

permanent link
Antoinette Iacobo (650712) | answered Dec 05 '13, 4:54 p.m.
 Hi Dennis,

I'm not exactly sure of your question, but you can use RQM within an intranet; you don't need to access the Internet.

Toni

Comments
Dennis Johns commented Dec 09 '13, 9:30 a.m.

I was hoping that was possible Antoinette, however I'm not sure how much using RQM with RFT will buy us. This standalone 4 workstation environment will be used to test automated scripts on a mission management application separate from any outside environments. We are in the install stages at this time, but it looks like RFT will provide the testing we require. We have licenses for RQM, so I'm just researching at this time. Thanks!

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.