It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Unknown showing up on workspace in RTC

Sean Burke (3789137237) | asked Nov 27 '13, 1:12 p.m.
retagged Dec 16 '13, 12:09 p.m. by David Lafreniere (4.8k7)
When I am in a workitem, then go to link, click on the change set and a file. I expect it to show me the full path such as 

Source Control > Show StreamsStreams > NW > NW > Alliance Hospital (OHSU) to MRG - Radiology Results > 5. Code > WMB >

Hence, it should {unknown workspace} and <unknown>. Do you know how to fix it?

Accepted answer

permanent link
Geoffrey Clemm (30.1k33035) | answered Nov 27 '13, 3:18 p.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
A change set does not contain pathname information, because a given change set can be used by multiple configurations (streams, workspaces, baselines), and the pathname of a file in that change set can be different in each of those configurations (and for mutable configurations like workspaces and streams, different at different times in the same configuration).   So to obtain pathname information, you would have to locate the change set in a particular configuration, and then the files would have pathnames.
Ralph Schoon selected this answer as the correct answer

Comments
Sean Burke commented Nov 27 '13, 4:19 p.m.

James Cheung commented Nov 28 '13, 12:44 p.m.

Thanks Geoffrey.

A changeset doesn't have a path since it can be linked by streams, workspace and etc. It makes sense. However, the content/files within a changeset should have a path. Am I right? 

If we open the same work item which associated with that change set in Eclipse, we can see the correct full path. Moreover, if we go to that changeset based on a stream/workspace in Web Client (i.e. the screen shot above), we can also see the full path. 

The only problem here is to use Web Client and Advance Search to access the change set. It doesn't show the path.

Thanks in advance.

Geoffrey Clemm commented Nov 28 '13, 4:22 p.m.

Let me rephrase as a question: I have one stream where a file has the path /x/y/z.txt.   I have another stream where the directory /x/y has been renamed /z/y.new, so the same file in that other stream has the path /x/y.new/z.txt.    Pick some change set that contains a modification to file z.txt.   What is the path for that file?   It depends on what stream you are talking about.

What the various GUI's will often do is to pick some stream and workspace (such as in the case of Eclipse, the workspace you currently have loaded), and will display the path of that file in that stream/workspace (if it contains the file).   As I recall, some of the GUI's automatically associate a "link property" to the Change-Set link, storing the workspace in which the change set is created, and some GUI's use that workspace (if it exists, and the use has access to it) to determine the pathname.  

Francis Kemp commented Feb 06 '14, 2:48 p.m.

Geoffrey,

We have project members that need to look at change sets of defects. This is done through the WebUI starting with a Defect and navigating through the Change Sets on the Links tab of the Work Item. 

Some people on the project get 'Unknown Workspace' as in the example above.  Others (me included) have another Developer's workspace path listed. 

Why are members of the same project treated differently? Is there any way for a user to specify a path to be used? 

Thanks,

Fran

Geoffrey Clemm commented Feb 06 '14, 10:18 p.m.

The WebUI can embed a workspace/stream in the URL to provide a context for determining file names.  So the first thing I'd look for is the exact URL being used by the different developers.  For example:
https://clmwb.ibm.com:9443/ccm/web/projects/Scrum%20Test#action=com.ibm.team.scm.viewChangeSet&contextItemId=_xTp9EGB9EeOfZ7CePY2Rdw&contextItemType=com.ibm.team.scm.Workspace&changeSetItemId=_2XxJYI-fEeOIa-d5v1LScw
would use the specified workspace for determining pathnames.

2 other answers

permanent link
Leandro Cassa (611) | answered Dec 05 '14, 7:40 a.m.
 I know this is an old post, but I had the same problem using CLI (Command Line Client), also know as lscm.
I got around this unknown pathnames by setting the source workspace on the deliver command.

The deliver command have an option -s | --source where you specify where this deliver is coming from (workspace or stream), just put your workspace name or UUID on this option and you should be good. I understand even using java it should have an option to set the source on a deliver command.

Here a sample

lscm deliver -s <workspace_name or UUID> -r <repository> -c <changeset UUID or alias>

Comments
Geoffrey Clemm commented Dec 05 '14, 7:45 p.m.

To my knowledge, a "deliver" command does not modify the change-set being delivered in any way (it just modifies the stream/workspace that is the target of the deliver).  If that is true, adding a parameter to a deliver command should not change the way a change set is displayed in the Web UI.   Do you have screen shots of before/after running this command, showing the pathname being different before/after?

Leandro Cassa commented Dec 08 '14, 6:25 a.m.
I have, but this forum says I must be "> 60 to post images", guess I won't be able to send anything through here.

permanent link
vikrant kamble (1323196) | answered Dec 17 '15, 8:21 a.m.
 Hi Sean,
I am facing same problem as you mentioned in your question, when I fetch change set URI using following method
String uri = Location.itemLocation(cshandle, repoURL).toAbsoluteUri().toString();
Did you get any success in this problem using java api.
If you succeeded, could you please help me on this.?
I am trying to fetch change set url using java client api.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.