It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Opening Doc and render mode in RTC source control (web)

Arun K Sriramaiah (3.2k23677) | asked Oct 29 '13, 8:00 a.m.
retagged Dec 16 '13, 3:46 p.m. by David Lafreniere (4.8k7)
IS it possible to open the doc like text and html which renders the information and open ups directly without downloading the document.

One answer

permanent link
Karl Weinert (2.0k52736) | answered Oct 29 '13, 8:13 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
edited Oct 29 '13, 8:15 a.m.
I think that is the default behavior for text files.
One caveat is that RTC may not recognize the file as a text file in which case it you will need to download it.
What version of RTC are you working with?

Here's an example of a properties file

Example of non text

Comments
Arun K Sriramaiah commented Oct 29 '13, 8:44 a.m. | edited Oct 29 '13, 11:19 a.m.

Thanks for information Karl,

its RTC 4.0.4 and how about the html file its also non-text file ?

Arun K Sriramaiah commented Oct 29 '13, 9:03 a.m.

Can it be a RFE ?

Karl Weinert commented Oct 29 '13, 9:06 p.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER

Hi Arun,
I think most html files are uploaded as plain text by default.
To be a little clearer, non-text only means what RTC thinks the file is.
RTC uses a combination of things to determine the file type including the first few lines of the file along with the extension. If it is not sure it is a text file it will create it as content type unknown.  For example the file in second screen shot I attached can be opened in a text editor when downloaded. 
If you have files with the wrong content time they can be changed to text/plain by loading them into a workspace in eclipse, then right click, choose properties, and set the file type manually under the jazz properties.

And I don't think there are any restrictions on opening RFEs

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.