It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

RQM Questionarie to determine number of licenses

Chandrahasa Reddy D (5715360) | asked Nov 13 '13, 12:20 p.m.
Hi,
Do any one have some questions on RQM, those can be asked to customer to determine number of licenses required to propose to the customer. Can you please share your Questions with me ?

Comments
Tory Jaskoviak commented Nov 20 '13, 6:05 p.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER

Hi Chandrahasa,

Can you please clarify your question. Are you asking how to determine the number of licenses that a customer would need?

Chandrahasa Reddy D commented Nov 21 '13, 12:21 a.m.

Hi Tory,

I meant the same. Do you have any, can you please share?

One answer

permanent link
John Nason (2.4k1012) | answered Dec 03 '13, 5:44 p.m.
FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
Chandrahasa,
If you're talking fixed licenses the answer is easy: the numbers of people who will access QM!
However, I will assume you're probably talking about Floating or Token licenses. Floating license behavior changed slightly in the soon to be released 4.0.5 release of CLM so I will speak to that as opposed to the "legacy" behavior.
In QM viewing or editing most data will "checkout" a license. At that point the clock starts ticking for how long the license will be checked out, a default of 60 minutes and a minimum of 30 minutes. Subsequent read/write operations performed by the user will reset the clock.
So how many floating licenses turns into a discussion of:
1) total number of people logging into QM
2) their usage patterns - do they log in, print something, then log out for 3 hrs, or are they active?
3) their geographical breakdown / working hours - if I work opposite hours of another user, we can effectively "share" a floating license.

Hope this helps.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.