It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

How to embed artifacts within another artifact at the time of report generation?

Jenn Ash (612) | asked Jan 22 '14, 12:00 p.m.
edited Jan 22 '14, 12:52 p.m.
I have a large artifact which contains hyperlinks to other artifacts and modules. I would like to create a template which can publish the original artifact and instead of hyperlinks, embed the linked documents within the report.

ex:
{artifact begins}
hyperlink    <---- instead of hyperlink, would like actual artifact
{artifact ends}

The original artifact is Text type, primary text with richText format, and all artifacts are within the rm project areas

One answer

permanent link
Stef van Dijk (2.0k179) | answered Jan 22 '14, 2:09 p.m.
FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
Hello Jenn,

I think the best approach would be to actually embed the artifact rather than having simply inserted a hyperlink. Even if you don't want to see the entire embed in the containing document, you can "minimize" the content to show only a header (which looks just like a link). Then when you print, you can request this embed be "maximized" (in 4.0.6).
I'll defer to others that may know more about report template creation as to whether there's a way to perform the on-the-fly type of embedding you are asking about.

Comments
Jenn Ash commented Jan 23 '14, 12:37 p.m.

Thanks for the response!
I agree with embedding artifacts, but the modules which are linked within the original artifact are the bigger issue. In RPE, I plan on exporting the modules into a formatted table, but the location they would be expected to display at in the export, is within the original artifact. I should have asked specifically about that, so my attempted example layout would be :
{artifact begins}
hyperlink to module    <---- instead of hyperlink, would like actual module artifacts to be displayed
{artifact ends}

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.