It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Where did "Show Files" go in the Change Explorer view?

Harry Koehnemann (30125238) | asked Nov 12 '13, 5:25 p.m.
retagged Dec 16 '13, 5:30 p.m. by David Lafreniere (4.8k7)
 In RTC 4.0.3, I don't see the Show Files options in the Change Explorer menu.  Where did it go?  Please don't tell me it's gone!!

Thanks.

Accepted answer

permanent link
Don Yang (7.7k21109138) | answered Nov 12 '13, 10:09 p.m.
Hi, Harry

Show files mode in Change Explorer view is gone in 4.0.1 and later version. This is a part of the redesign in https://jazz.net/jazz/web/projects/Rational%20Team%20Concert#action=com.ibm.team.workitem.viewWorkItem&id=218176

In v3.0.x, show files mode provides incorrect result in some scenarios.

When you open the multiple changesets now in 4.0.3, you can choose open with "change summary" and this can be seen as Show file mode in old Change Explorer view.

Don
Harry Koehnemann selected this answer as the correct answer

Comments
Tim Mok commented Nov 13 '13, 11:28 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER

Also, in work flows where change sets would be opened in Change Explorer's files view mode by default, it will open in Change Summary.

Harry Koehnemann commented Nov 13 '13, 11:49 p.m. | edited Nov 14 '13, 8:31 a.m.

Thanks guys for the answers.  I see we can multi-select several change sets between and across baselines.  The menu option was convenient, but this works.  Thanks again for the quick responses.

Tim Mok commented Nov 14 '13, 8:33 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER

Harry, I've converted your answer to a comment to organize discussion. In the future, you can comment on answers instead of submitting a comment as an answer.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.