It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

How-to unlock a folder under RTC source control

Markus Holzinger (51175) | asked Sep 26 '11, 3:37 p.m.
edited Oct 10 '17, 2:24 p.m. by David Lafreniere (4.8k7)

I have to take care for several RTC/CLM projects.
In one RTC 3.0 and one CLM 3.0.1 project users have locked a FOLDER (not a file) under RTC source control.

It's no problem to unlock a file:

a) Eclipse client
RightClick -- Team -- Unlock...

b) Web client
MousePoint -- on right site: Unlock

c) Commandline
scm login ...
scm lock list ...
scm lock release ...
scm logout ...

But how can I unlock a folder?!

Both clients didn't offer the unlock option (menu point).
And also the scm command does not work:

lock release
http://publib.boulder.ibm.com/infocenter/rtc/v2r0m0/index.jsp?topic=/com.ibm.team.scm.doc/topics/r_scm_cli_lock_release.html

D:\>scm lock list --repository-uri project-a --stream "Project-A Team Stream" --component "Project-A Team Default Component" --owner abc --verbose
R (1008) "/folder_a/subfolder" >

D:\>scm lock release --repository-uri project-a --stream "Project-A Team Stream" --component "Project-A Team Default Component" --force -R folder_a/subfolder
Problem running 'lock' 'release':
Unexpected item type: Folder

BTW I tried it as JazzAdmin (and JazzProjectAdmin) so that it is not a permission related issue.
And unfortunately the users can't remember how they have locked the folder.

Did I have any chance to do it with the REST API?

Any idea is welcome. Thanks, Markus

Accepted answer

permanent link
Tim Mok (6.6k38) | answered Nov 18 '11, 9:22 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
This can happen when performing an action in the web ui on a folder (ie. delete folder) and not completing the action (ie. navigating to another page without canceling).

You can unlock it with the Eclipse client by going to Search > Jazz Source Control > Locks. Search for those locks and you can unlock them from the results.

See the work item on exposing unlocking folders in the web ui. https://jazz.net/jazz/resource/itemName/com.ibm.team.workitem.WorkItem/160971
Ralph Schoon selected this answer as the correct answer

Comments
Ralph Schoon commented Feb 23 '15, 4:55 a.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER

You search the locks and should see the locks in the result view. On the result, right click and select the context menu unlock. 

Ralph Schoon commented Feb 23 '15, 5:06 a.m. | edited Feb 23 '15, 5:06 a.m.

As explained in the answer, you need to use an Eclipse client for this. In the Web UI, you need to open the element to see the menu actions to unlock. If you can't open the item, you won't see the unlock.

Ralph Schoon commented Feb 23 '15, 5:22 a.m.

As explained in the answer, you need to use an Eclipse client for this. In the Web UI, you need to open the element to see the menu actions to unlock. If you can't open the item, you won't see the unlock. If you can open the item, but you don't see an unlock you are stuck as well.

Ken Tessier commented Feb 27 '15, 5:10 p.m. | edited Feb 27 '15, 6:47 p.m.

I've opened Document how to unlock folders in SCM (347379) so that we document the workaround that Tim described.

Ken

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.