It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

DM in agile

Qaiser Islam (31287074) | asked Nov 01 '13, 9:36 a.m.
What is the good way to link DM artifacts with RRC,RTC and RQM in agile environment. The top level linking in my mind is to create collection in RRC and link with DM repository, this repository and RRC collection will be linked with sprint backlog in RTC and Test Plan in RQM. Does it sounds good or DM repository is intended to serve some different purpose.

Thanks,
Qaiser

One answer

permanent link
Lara Ziosi (33811112) | answered Nov 01 '13, 12:21 p.m.
Hello,

Here are some videos that shows typical linking activies involving Design Manager and the CLM products:

http://pic.dhe.ibm.com/infocenter/rdmhelp/v4/index.jsp?topic=%2Fcom.ibm.dm.tutorial.linking.doc%2Ftopics%2Fabstract_dm_traceability.html

http://pic.dhe.ibm.com/infocenter/rdmhelp/v4/index.jsp?topic=%2Fcom.ibm.rcam.linking.doc%2Ftopics%2Ft_dm_userlink_ov.html

Typically I'd expect links to be directed to some more specific elements within the DM repository, than the repository itself.

A a fine level of granularity, a UML Use Case in a Model in a DM Project Area could be linked to a Requirement in RRC.

A Subsystem or Package in a UML Model could be linked to a Story in RTC, if that UML package contains classes/interfaces that provide the functionality to implement that story.

At a more coarse grained level, you might want to link an entire Model to a set of resources in another CLM tool.

Do you have additional details about what you would like to achieve?
Do you use Rhapsody DM or RSA DM?

Thank you, Lara

Comments
Qaiser Islam commented Nov 01 '13, 2:56 p.m.

i am fine with the level of granularity, yes i can link UML or any other design artifact with requirement or task/defect or testcase. but i need some top level container. I created one project of RRC, RTC, RQM and RSA-DM for whole organisation development. Now sub projects are categorize at Requirement Collection , release plan and test plan level. lets say there are two different development activities like finance application development and mobile banking application. now what i am planning to do i will create two requirement collections (in RRC) for each development activities. Requirement collections will contain all the requirements related to particular developement activity. Two release plans (in RTC) and all tasks/story will be the part of these plans and two test plans (in RQM) one for each. Now at RSA-DM level how to categorize, one option i was thinking to create two repositories one for finance application develoopment and one for mobile banking development all the designs related to finance app will be in finance repository and similar for mobile app design.   

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.