It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

How can I get static text in a work item editor to wrap?

Susan Hanson (1.6k2201194) | asked Oct 30 '13, 10:10 p.m.
I need to add an "instruction" line in the editor presentation for a couple of my work items.  I have attempted to add a Presentation that is a non-attribute-based presentation for "Static Text".  However, the line is quite long and it is not being wrapped onto multiple lines based on the size of the window (Eclipse Client).

I've attempted to use <br> and \n  both to try to force a new line but neither worked.

Is there a way to get static text to wrap onto multiple lines?

Comments
Takehiko Amano commented Oct 30 '13, 10:23 p.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER

I did not understand the context, so I can not answer correctly. But just one comment.

Have you tried <br/>  ?

Susan Hanson commented Oct 30 '13, 10:36 p.m.

In this specific case, on the Approvals tab, above the where you create the approvals, we want to add an Instruction like which gives additional information on what approvals are required based on certain things, like "If you are changing translateable text, create an approval of type Review. To determine the proper reviewer, please consult this webpage: http:mylist.com"  (not the exact text, but you'll get the idea).

I am able to create the StaticText, but then it just gets cut off, and  <br/> doesn't work either as it just gets shown as part of the text itself.

Obviously it is best to have the text wrap automatically based on the width of the window (so if the user resizes it).  I can do this by making it a read-only attribute which has a default template that is then shown as a Text and then it resizes,
but I also get the ugly text box around it.

Susan

Be the first one to answer this question!

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.