It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Disable certain work item changes after work item is closed.

Vicky Pagnaer (63229) | asked Mar 06 '20, 7:32 a.m.

Hi,

We use RTC 6.0.6.1 and have enabled the timetracking tab on certain work item types. Any user can track time on any work item (we don't have the "timetracking only by Owner" option enabled).

When a work item is finished (resolved), we want to have the option to disable the timetracking tab so no more time entries can be added on the work item.

This could be linked to a certain status, or to a certain attribute (perhaps by changing the Planned For to an 'archive' iteration) or some other configuration option.

Is there some way to do this? Perhaps using "operation behavior"? 
Any help appreciated!

Kind regards,

Vicky

Accepted answer

permanent link
Carlos Isacovich (59112) | answered Jul 14 '22, 7:55 p.m.

There is an easier way to do this: you can set the out of the box precondition Disable editing available within the Save work item action. It offers the possibility to disable the work item edition for each state of each work item type.

Ralph Schoon selected this answer as the correct answer

Comments
Ralph Schoon commented Jul 15 '22, 6:11 a.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER

The precondition shows as Prevent Editing in my system.

Carlos Isacovich commented Jul 15 '22, 4:00 p.m.

Thank you Ralph.  I tried to find the right English name of this precondition (named Impedir edición in Spanish), but surprisingly despite that I configured both the browser and the Eclipse interfaces to work in English, this precondition continues appearing in Spanish.

Ralph Schoon commented Jul 15 '22, 4:12 p.m.

I am in Germany, I can tell you how hard it is to get German as language on the server. You need to set your language in the browser and in the server to EN.

One other answer

permanent link
Param S (2710) | answered Mar 22 '20, 7:16 p.m.

Yes writing a pre-condition on server side to stop save for Closed state of a work item shall do the trick, other conditions may be applied as well.

Comments
Ralph Schoon commented Jul 15 '22, 4:13 p.m.

No, you always want to use built in capabilities over creating expensive custom extensions.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.