It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Show Current/All Flow Targets in the Pending Changes view

Hervé Le Bars (2325) | asked Dec 13 '16, 3:42 p.m.
edited Dec 15 '16, 11:33 p.m. by David Lafreniere (4.8k7)
Hello,

In the Pending Change view there is a button in the toolbar allowing to toggle between "Show All Flow Targets" and "Show Current Flow Target". Testing it, it is not clear what the exact behavior of this button is. Does it filter the change sets that are shown in the Pending Changes view ? Or does it just show/hide names of streams that are show in front of the components in the Pending Changes view ? Or both ? Or something else ?

In fact, I need a documentation on what this toggle button is supposed to do, I did not find that for now.

I am using RTC 6.0.1 embeded in Visual Studio.

Thanks you for your help.

Accepted answer

permanent link
Shashikant Padur (4.2k27) | answered Dec 13 '16, 10:57 p.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
By default ('Show Current' option set in preferences), the pending changes view shows the state (incoming and outgoing changes) of the workspace with respect to the current flow target.

'Show all (advanced)' option in preferences:
If the repository workspace has multiple flow targets configured (as can been seen in the repository workspace editor), this option will show the incoming and outgoing changes with respect to each of these flow targets. We can accept/deliver the changes from/to any of these targets.
David Lafreniere selected this answer as the correct answer

Comments
Hervé Le Bars commented Dec 15 '16, 10:35 a.m. | edited Dec 15 '16, 3:10 p.m.

Thank you very much for this answer. I did not know the existence of the preference item you mention, because I was not referring to a preference item, but to a button that is present in the Pending Changes view toolbar of the RTC flavor that is included into Visual Studio. It seems this button does not exist in the Eclipse flavor of RTC.

It is reasonable to think that this button has the same result as the preference you mention.

Playing with this button, we see that names of streams, with some arrows <=, =>, both) appears and/or disappear in front of the components in the Pending Change view.

I have hard time understanding what are the conditions for these names of streams to be displayed or not in front of component, as it seems they are displayed sometimes and sometimes not. Maybe, they are always displayed as soon they have been displayed a first time ?

I have a screenshot, and also a video, but, sorry, I can't put it here because my reputation is < 60.

Geoffrey Clemm commented Dec 15 '16, 3:11 p.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER

A stream appears in the "Show All" view for a given repository workspace if that stream has explicitly been declared to be a flow target of that repository workspace.   To see (and modify) the flow targets of a repository workspace, open that repository workspace in the repository workspace editor.

Shashikant Padur commented Dec 15 '16, 10:15 p.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER

You are right that RTC Eclipse client does not have that toolbar button to switch from Show Current to Show All and back. It is available only in the VS client.

As far as I can remember, in 'Show All' mode we show the flow target of the components if the flow target is not the current flow target. The components that do not have flow target implies it is flowing to the current flow target. If you notice the workspace header the current flow target is shown in regular font but the other flow targets is shown in italics font.

If the target's flow direction is both incoming and outgoing it will be listed after <=>. If the targets's flow direction is incoming it will be listed after <= and if the target's flow direction is outgoing it will be listed after => in the workspace header.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.