It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

How to allocate the corresponding consumer(outbound) info to Jazz Reporting inbound key list on JTS page

Jin Zhou (591519) | asked Oct 29 '13, 1:57 a.m.
edited Nov 04 '13, 6:34 p.m. by Stephanie Taylor (24115)
Hi

I have installed CLM and Rhapsody DM running on the same JTS.
After setup, I found there are 2 entries for JazzReporting list on JTS consumer(inbound) page.

I can confirm one of the consumer key is the same which being list on data warehouse connection report page of JTS
https:/[hostname]:[Port]/jts/admin#action=com.ibm.team.reportsManagement.configureDataWarehouseConnection

I have no idea where is another JazzReporting consumer key coming from.
Is there any way available to find where or by what step another consumer key to JazzReporting is created?

Thanks and Regards

Accepted answer

permanent link
Alanna Zito (1.3k3) | answered Oct 29 '13, 2:33 p.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
Hi Jin,

In some cases, running the data warehouse set up more than once can result in multiple "Jazz Reporting" consumers.  It should be safe to delete the consumer key that's not being used (i.e., the one that is not listed on the data warehouse connection page).
Jin Zhou selected this answer as the correct answer

Comments
Jin Zhou commented Oct 29 '13, 9:16 p.m.

Hi, Alanna

Thanks for your promt help. Though I not yet tried, I believe your input is the correct one.

I want to ask some further questions.

(1) Can you explain a bit more, in what cases , multiple "Jazz Reporting" could be created, as I run the setup again didn't shown another entry for "Jazz Reporting". whether install RRDI could cause another one?

(2) I have installed CLM and DM, during the setup, I could see "Data WareHouse Configuration" step for JTS, CCM and QM only. That it mean only 3 "Jazz Reporting" consumer key should be created for the whole server. 1 fore JTS, 1 for CCM and 1 for QM, right?

http://pic.dhe.ibm.com/infocenter/clmhelp/v4r0/index.jsp?topic=%2Fcom.ibm.rational.reporting.overview.doc%2Ftopics%2Fc_ovr_process_etl.html

Thank You

Alanna Zito commented Oct 30 '13, 9:55 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER

1) I'm not sure of the exact steps that would cause multiple consumer keys to be created - I just tried now on my own server, and was not able to reproduce.  But I have seen it happen before.  I don't believe that the RRDI set up would create another consumer key.

2) Yes, that's correct - you should see one "Jazz Reporting" consumer key for each of JTS, CCM and QM.

Jin Zhou commented Oct 31 '13, 12:15 a.m.

Thank you a lot, Alanna

It's very helpful to me.

Regards

One other answer

permanent link
Jin Zhou (591519) | answered Oct 29 '13, 7:04 a.m.
 Can anyone also let me know how to check whether it's safe to delete a consumer(inbound) key from JTS?

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.