It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

How do you Apply Requirement Change in DOORS integrated with RTC?

Jamie Berry (14014095) | asked Oct 28 '13, 2:32 p.m.
I am trying to integrated DOORS 9.5 with RTC 4.0.2.  I believe I have configured the RTC server and Project along with the DOORS DWA server and database/module correctly. I can submit new RCRs from DOORS, identify a default RCR to make changes to a module, select an RCR to review changes.  What I haven't been able to do yet is to Apply changes via the RCR.  Whenever I open the DOORS module in Read-only and select the Change Management -> Requirements Change Request -> Apply..., the dialog never displays any RCRs from RTC.

I have tried 3 different Change Management templates with different RTC Process configurations.  The last one I tried was based off of the Simple process that comes with RTC and is described in the template creation section of the DOORS 9.5 manual.  I have my work item (Task in this case) in the "Approved" state (In Progress for this case) and it still does not show up in the dialog.  I have tried some with Approvals attached in RTC and some without.  I have also tried having the RCR in various states (the Approved, Assigned, Review, Applied) and nothing seems to work.

Does anyone have any pointers on how to get this integration to function as documented?

Thanks,

Jamie.

2 answers

permanent link
Sudarshan Rao (1963) | answered Oct 29 '13, 3:24 a.m.
I suggest you review the Configuration Teamplate (Change Management -> Define Configuration template) in DOORS. Check the value specified for rcr_approved_value and ensure it matches with the appropriate state in RTC for the Work Item type you are using.
If that is defined correctly, you could enable debug log and check the log file - it will contain info about what query is sent (query parameters) to RTC, that way you could probably figure out what's going wrong. 

Hope this helps! Else, I suggest you to raise a PMR with IBM Support to have this formally investigated.

Thanks,
Sudarshan

Comments
Jamie Berry commented Oct 29 '13, 12:09 p.m.

Thank you for the response.  I have checked the value of rcr_approved_value and the state id in my process configuration and it matches.  I am willing to try the debug log.  Can you provide me steps on configuring and accessing the debug log?

Thanks,
Jamie.

Jamie Berry commented Oct 29 '13, 12:20 p.m.

I found instructions for enabling the client debug log.  When I ran it, I was able to see the OSLC command sent to query for work items.  I copied the URI and pasted it in Firefox and it returned the record I would have expected.  I don't know why DOORS isn't showing it...  I will raise a PMR with IBM to try and debug further.

Thank you for your suggestions.

permanent link
Jamie Berry (14014095) | answered Oct 29 '13, 4:59 p.m.
After enabling the debug and looking at the OSLC query being used I realized that DOORS was looking for work items to apply based on the OSLC State group they were in ( Approved and not Closed).  The state that I had selected as my "approved" state for the Change Management Template was actually in a state group mapped to the OSLC State of Closed.  I made a new state with the OSLC State of Approved and set my work item to that state.  When I did, the work item showed up as an RCR that could be applied to my DOORS module.  When I did the apply, the update was applied and the work item was transitioned to the 'applied' state.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.