It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

RTC 6.0.5 - SCM loss of synchronization between the sandbox and repository workspace

Omar Khemoudj (23114) | asked Dec 13 '18, 8:31 a.m.

Hello,

I am facing an issue with RTC 6.0.5.

Observed behavior
- the RTC local client looses the connection between Repository Work-spaces and Local Sandboxes without any particular reason
- The components in the repository workspace are showed as unloaded
- Refreshing Sandbox and Remote change in the Pending Changes option does not show the pending changes done in the sandbox
- Sometimes we can load them to the same Local Sandbox folder but for some it does not allow it with this error 

Any idea what can be the reason for this?

Cheers

Accepted answer

permanent link
Shashikant Padur (4.2k27) | answered Dec 13 '18, 11:20 p.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
This could happen if the RTC client did not shutdown correctly. The following steps may resolve this issue:
1) Close RTC client
2) Check if you have an Eclipse or java process running via task/process manager. If so, kill it.
3) Restart RTC client.
Omar Khemoudj selected this answer as the correct answer

Comments
Omar Khemoudj commented Dec 14 '18, 11:17 a.m.

Thanks Shashikant,

I did the steps, I am still unable to sync with the sandbox. 

I also noticed that when I go to Window -> Preferences -> Team-> Jazz Source Control-> Sandboxes, there is no path to my sandbox and also when I try to Add it, I get the message:

Unable to lock file C:\User.......jazz5.jazzlock.      (I put the dots just to shorten the path.)

Any idea about that?

Cheers

Shashikant Padur commented Dec 16 '18, 10:33 p.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER

As mentioned earlier, a eclipse process (which probably did not shutdown correctly) is holding on to that lock. Can you delete the .jazzlock file and restart the client? I am sure that when you try to delete that file it would mention that some process is holding on to it.

Omar Khemoudj commented Feb 26 '19, 3:33 a.m.

Yes I can delete the .jazzlock file. It also seems that I need to End Process Tree.

Thanks for your support.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.