It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Workflow Actions Keep Disappearing

Joe Lynch (1479) | asked Apr 10 '14, 4:39 p.m.

On occasion, when a user selects an action on a work item, they get a "Permission Denied" error.  When I check the permissions for that action (Permissions->Trigger a Workflow), the action is not listed.  If i then go look at the workflow, the action is missing from there too.  (The action is available on the work item State dropdown).

After a while, (for an unknown reason), the action reappears and everything seems to work fine (for a day or two).

Any suggestion on what might be causing this?  (Not sure if it's related, but we're getting a log of "undefined" errors in the web app too.)

One answer

permanent link
Stephanie Bagot (2.1k1513) | answered Apr 17 '14, 5:07 p.m.
FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
I wonder if your work items are synchronized .... you mentioned that this problem creeps up every few days. Are the users using different work items? If so, then perhaps the newer work items are using a new process, while the older ones are not.
  1. In your eclipse client, open up your project area and go to Process Configuration
  2. Navigate to project Configuration -> Configuration data -> work items -> Types and Attributes
  3. Select "check workflow usage in repository'
If a message comes up indicating there are work items without the current configuration (or something along those lines), synchronize the work items to make sure they are in line with the current process configuration. Be careful tho - If a workitem is in state A, and state A no longer exists, this work item may be stuck in limbo.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.