It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Does RTC can launch a test in RQM ?

Victor PEREIRA (134) | asked Jan 22 '18, 10:41 a.m.
retagged Jan 23 '18, 5:06 a.m. by Ulf Arne Bister (1.3k413)

Hi,

I want to know if it's possible when a work item is in a condition, for exemple, "submit", a test plan can be launch by RQM ?

Thanks.

Victor

Accepted answer

permanent link
Ulf Arne Bister (1.3k413) | answered Jan 23 '18, 3:39 a.m.

Victor,

assuming you mean if a test suite can be executed as a result of a work item status change in principle this is possible. The RTC Extension Workshop shows example of starting builds or other actions on work item save:
https://jazz.net/library/article/1000
I suggest to use this as a starting point and decide whether server side REST API call can be used to execute Test Suite or whether to trigger a "build" (i.e. an automated execution of a custom action) and use client side code in a RTC build toolkit ant task to trigger. Since test automation tools can be integrated with RQM this should be doable.
To find out how to build a custom RTC build toolkit ant task please see https://ryehle.wordpress.com/2011/12/21/adding-a-custom-ant-task-to-your-build-toolkit/

If any of this is helpful to create what you need please mark this answer as accepted.

- Arne

Victor PEREIRA selected this answer as the correct answer

One other answer

permanent link
Ralph Schoon (63.1k33645) | answered Jan 23 '18, 4:52 a.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER

There is nothing built into RTC at the moment.

As Arne explains, you would have to create some automation so that RTC knows what to run and is also able to start that in a follow up action. This can get quite complex very fast especially since this needs to work across tools and potentially manage the authentication across those.

Comments
Ulf Arne Bister commented Jan 23 '18, 5:06 a.m.

qcvf should be a special tag for anything that can get "quite complex very fast". I think I will add this to my list of FLAs.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.