It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Problem with my profile on the forum

Mathieu Defianas (15942838) | asked Oct 15 '13, 5:05 a.m.
Hello,
I cannot open My Profile on the jazz forum ;-(
I have this error :

I have sent a lot of email to webmaster without success ;-(
Can you help me ?

Thanks a lot !!!
Have a nice day

Mathieu

Comments
Lauren Hayward Schaefer commented Oct 15 '13, 6:58 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER

Hi Mathieu,

I'm also unable to access your profile.  I've sent an e-mail to some members of the jazz.net team who can hopefully straighten this out for you.

Mathieu Defianas commented Oct 15 '13, 7:37 a.m.

Thanks Lauren

Millard Ellingsworth commented Oct 15 '13, 7:30 p.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER

There were several other users that have seen this error (based on looking in the logs) yet for all of the others it seems to have resolved itself (I can see their pages now even though I still can't see yours). Seems to be an issue with retrieving comments for your Overview/stats tab.  Your other user info tabs work: https://jazz.net/forum/users/mathieu47/recent/, for example.

Looking at my profile, I think I may have caused this: I converted your answer on Save personal project properties to a comment (which seemed more appropriate) earlier today and the forum software is throwing an error trying to process your comments. Still working on why it would get broken when that happens.

Millard Ellingsworth commented Oct 15 '13, 7:31 p.m.

NB: It is important to not use the answer box unless you are writing an answer. We have many people helping out who search for unanswered questions. If anyone accidentally uses the Answer box when they should have used the Comment box (which requires you to click a link to get it), the question will appear to be answered and may fail to get further attention.

Mathieu Defianas commented Oct 16 '13, 3:17 a.m.

OK Millard. I will be careful for next answer or comment.
Thanks for your help.

Millard Ellingsworth commented Oct 16 '13, 12:09 p.m.

Thank you for taking the time to report this. Based on the server logs this has happened to other people who just shrugged it off, denying us a chance to fix it. I have created a defect work item for the jazz.net/forum team to look into this further.

showing 5 of 6 show 1 more comments

Accepted answer

permanent link
Millard Ellingsworth (2.5k12431) | answered Oct 16 '13, 11:44 a.m.
Your profile page is working now -- as long as you don't go to the second page of comments. Whichever comment was causing the exception seems to have moved to the second page (so when you click Next for the second page of comments, you are back to the server error page). 
Mathieu Defianas selected this answer as the correct answer

Comments
Mathieu Defianas commented Oct 18 '13, 2:43 a.m.

Thanks Millard for this information
Do you think that this problem should be resolved in the next weeks ???

Millard Ellingsworth commented Oct 18 '13, 11:57 a.m.

Sorry, it's worse than it seemed. Your profile was fine (for a day or so) and now we can't get to the default tab again. I'll see if we can bump this one up the queue. Thank you for your patience.

Mathieu Defianas commented Oct 19 '13, 4:21 a.m.

No problem Millard :-) Thanks for your help and your tenacity.

Mathieu Defianas commented Oct 24 '13, 9:27 a.m.

Hello Millard !!! My profile page is working now !!! Thanks

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.