It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

[closed] jazz.net recent issue

Sterling Ferguson-II (1.6k8280269) | asked Aug 17 '15, 9:49 a.m.
closed Aug 23 '23, 7:40 a.m. by David Honey (1.8k17)

jazz.net

Every now and then, after a couple of browser updates, I have issues with jazz.net and Google Chrome. I usually fall back on IE or Mozilla and everything is fine. After the recent jazz.net update, Chrome shows me logged in, but when trying to submit a question, I get:

You are welcome to start submitting your question anonymously.

After submiting your question, you will be redirected to the login/signup page. Your question will be saved in the current session and will be published after you login with your existing account, or signup for a new account and validate your email.

Then I get a failed attempt to login. I usually ignore and go back to Mozilla and IE, but now Mozilla is showing the problems...showing me logged in and I can view My Stuff, but when creating a question, it tells me I am not logged in. I am now submitting via IE, and no one wants to be on IE. :-)

I have tried restarting the browsers and everything.

The question has been closed for the following reason: "The question is answered, right answer was accepted" by davidhoney Aug 23 '23, 7:40 a.m.

Accepted answer

permanent link
Don Yang (7.7k21109138) | answered Aug 18 '15, 1:26 a.m.
I sometimes see the odd behavior in IE and FF and I have to clear the saved password for jazz.net and then try to login and save it again after clearing the history.
Sterling Ferguson-II selected this answer as the correct answer

Comments
Sterling Ferguson-II commented Aug 18 '15, 8:50 a.m.

Thanks,

Once I cleared the history on FF and Chrome, I was able to comment/ask/answer without the "double login" thing.

One other answer

permanent link
Abraham Sweiss (2.4k1331) | answered Aug 17 '15, 6:51 p.m.
I wonder if there is an issue with how crome handles sessions.  For a sanity check please try the following:

Follow the below steps and retry 1. IN Crome, select Settings -> show advanced settings 2. Under privacy, select content settings 3. Under cookies make sure that a. "Allow local data to be set" is selected b. "BLock third party cookies and site data" is not checked.