It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Ignore ChangeSet in stream alignment

Antonio Silvestro (144) | asked Oct 11 '13, 10:07 a.m.
retagged Nov 22 '13, 12:37 p.m. by David Lafreniere (4.8k7)
Hello 

I write an example in order to explain my problem:

I have two streams customized for two different customer of a unique product (CUST1_stream and CUST2_stream) and a central stream where there's the common content of product (PRODUCT_stream).

I commit in CUST2 stream some modifies (because, for example, some defects) so I have some changeset in this stream. But not all of these change sets must be moved to PRODUCT_stream because some of these one are related to specific customization of that customer so they must never be moved to PRODUC_stream.

Does it exist a way in order to avoid I see always in "incoming" pending changes (from CUST2 to PRODUCT stream)? It would be nice to have a "button" like "ignore" in order to not see each time all incoming change I know never must be moved.

Thank you,
Antonio

One answer

permanent link
Geoffrey Clemm (30.1k33035) | answered Oct 13 '13, 5:05 p.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
What you are looking for is work item Provide a "defer incoming changes" operation. (2195)
Please feel free to add a comment to this work item, indicating your interest/support.
There is a workaround identified in comment 15 of work item Allow the user to specify a list of change sets that should be "ignored" as incoming changes (102223) .

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.