It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Ignore ChangeSet in stream alignment

Antonio Silvestro (144) | asked Oct 11 '13, 10:07 a.m.
retagged Nov 22 '13, 12:37 p.m. by David Lafreniere (4.8k7)
Hello 

I write an example in order to explain my problem:

I have two streams customized for two different customer of a unique product (CUST1_stream and CUST2_stream) and a central stream where there's the common content of product (PRODUCT_stream).

I commit in CUST2 stream some modifies (because, for example, some defects) so I have some changeset in this stream. But not all of these change sets must be moved to PRODUCT_stream because some of these one are related to specific customization of that customer so they must never be moved to PRODUC_stream.

Does it exist a way in order to avoid I see always in "incoming" pending changes (from CUST2 to PRODUCT stream)? It would be nice to have a "button" like "ignore" in order to not see each time all incoming change I know never must be moved.

Thank you,
Antonio

One answer

permanent link
Geoffrey Clemm (30.1k33035) | answered Oct 13 '13, 5:05 p.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
What you are looking for is work item Provide a "defer incoming changes" operation. (2195)
Please feel free to add a comment to this work item, indicating your interest/support.
There is a workaround identified in comment 15 of work item Allow the user to specify a list of change sets that should be "ignored" as incoming changes (102223) .

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.