It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

How to create preconditions by Stream/Component

Leonardo Marzo (24964852) | asked Dec 30 '13, 1:02 p.m.
 Hi, 

Is it possible to configure preconditions per Stream/Component? For example, I need that for Stream A it is required that the user associates a workitem, but it shouldn't be mandatory for Stream B. 

I´ll appreciate your help. 

Thanks, 

Accepted answer

permanent link
Jared Burns (4.5k29) | answered Jan 02 '14, 12:48 p.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
edited Jan 02 '14, 12:51 p.m.
As Geoff mentioned, the preconditions are defined per team, so you need to associate your streams with different team areas. You can customize the preconditions for a particular team area by opening the team area editor and clicking the "Customize the process" hyperlink that appears in the top right. This will open to Process Customization tab for that team area.

You mentioned that you need all team members to be able to deliver to all streams. If you grant users permission to deliver change sets in your project, then they will inherit those permissions in any team areas within the project. So it sounds like you'll be able to achieve your goals.
Leonardo Marzo selected this answer as the correct answer

Comments
Leonardo Marzo commented Feb 24 '14, 1:55 p.m. | edited Feb 24 '14, 4:09 p.m.

What if I have more streams than project areas? I think this solution doesn't scale. It would be better in my opinion if the precondition "Require Work Items to Match Query" allows you to configure not only the Component, but also the Stream

Geoffrey Clemm commented Feb 24 '14, 4:12 p.m.

Note that you don't need additional project areas ... just additional team areas (still overhead, but not as heavyweight as a new project area).   But requesting the built-in precondition to allow you to configure per stream would be a reasonable enhancement request (see Sumant's comment if you need a link for that).

2 other answers

permanent link
Geoffrey Clemm (30.1k33035) | answered Dec 30 '13, 4:24 p.m.
You would need to have Stream A and Stream B owned by different team/project areas.

Comments
Leonardo Marzo commented Jan 02 '14, 10:48 a.m. | edited Jan 02 '14, 12:10 p.m.

I don't think it is possible to set different preconditions for different teams of the same project area. Even when that's possible, I need all streams to be owned by the project area. 

How can I request an enhancement? 

Sumant Renukarya commented Jan 02 '14, 10:52 a.m.
Hi Leonardo

Here's the link to raise a RFE (Request For Enhancement):

Geoffrey Clemm commented Jan 02 '14, 12:11 p.m.

It is possible to set different preconditions for each team area in the project area.  Just for interest's sake, why do you need all streams to be owned by the project area?

Leonardo Marzo commented Jan 02 '14, 12:23 p.m.

Because all teams should be able to deliver changes to any streams. 

Could you tell me which are the steps to configure, for example, the precondition "Require Work Items and comments [Deliver (server)]" for TeamA ? 

When I go to Team Configuration --> Operation Behaviour I don't see the option to select the team. 

Geoffrey Clemm commented Feb 24 '14, 4:35 p.m.

Did you follow Jared's guidance on clicking the "Customize the process" button?

permanent link
Leonardo Marzo (24964852) | answered Apr 24 '14, 3:04 p.m.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.