It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

How to create a custom link to RQM test cases in the RTC app.

Aliaksei Gizheuski (23610) | asked Oct 07 '13, 5:46 a.m.
I have followed a tutorial "Creating a New Link Type" (https://www.ibm.com/developerworks/community/blogs/extendingrtc/entry/newlink?lang=en) to create custom links to RTC workitems.

The idea here is to make an extension plug-in of type com.ibm.team.repository.common.linkTypes and set the itemreferencetype's packageURI to "com.ibm.team.workitem". It works just fine for RTC workitems.

The question is which type should be set to itemreferencetype to make it possible to create custom links to RQM  test cases?

2 answers

permanent link
Paul Slauenwhite (8.4k12) | answered Oct 07 '13, 9:46 a.m.
FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
edited Oct 07 '13, 9:47 a.m.
Try:

<itemReferenceType
                      itemTypeName="VersionedTestCase"
                      packageURI="com.ibm.rqm.planning"/>

Comments
Aliaksei Gizheuski commented Nov 07 '13, 10:30 a.m.

Thanks Paul!

Could you please tell which dependencies/required bundles should I link to my plugin to get it work? Cos after changing to "com.ibm.rqm.planning" my custom links have disappeared.

Paul Slauenwhite commented Nov 07 '13, 10:42 a.m.

Try: com.ibm.rqm.planning.common

Aliaksei Gizheuski commented Nov 12 '13, 10:31 a.m. | edited Nov 12 '13, 10:32 a.m.

Hi Paul,
actually there is no such plug-in as com.ibm.rqm.planning.common

If I got your idea correctly plugin.xml should look as follows:
<plugin>
   <extension point="com.ibm.team.repository.common.linkTypes">...
   <linkType ...>
        <target>...
            <itemReferenceType itemTypeName="TestCase" packageURI="com.ibm.rqm.planning"/>
         </target>
   </linkType>
   </extension>
</plugin>

1. Is that plugin.xml correct? Have anyone checked if this really works or is there any documentation on this topic (regarding "com.ibm.rqm.planning")?
2. You have proposed to use com.ibm.rqm.planning.common as required plugin in dependencies. This does not help, because there is no such plugin there.

Could you please answer my questions?

Paul Slauenwhite commented Nov 12 '13, 10:34 a.m.

The plug-in ID is com.ibm.rqm.planning.common and package URI is com.ibm.rqm.planning.  Your com.ibm.team.repository.common.linkTypes extension point implementation looks fine.

permanent link
VK L (8177154159) | answered Oct 20 '14, 11:28 a.m.
 Hi All,
            Is a similar link possible to RRC? Which bundles should be referred?

Thanks.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.