It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Bugzilla mapping help required

Stephen Kruger (361117) | asked Feb 12 '09, 10:40 a.m.
I'm importing all our Trac tickets into RTC.
I've written code which dumps to the bugzilla format, and plan to use the mappings xml file to fine-tune the import into RTC.
However - I am struggling to find any docs on what attributes are supported? For example - all the entries in my bugzilla.zip file are imported as "defects", how can I selectively map them to defects,tasks,stories etc?

Many thanks

4 answers

permanent link
Lorelei Ngooi (1.5k22) | answered Feb 12 '09, 2:14 p.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
Just wanted to make sure you knew about this link https://jazz.net/learn/LearnItem.jsp?href=content/tech-notes/rational-team-concert-1_0-importing-work-items/index.html.

The generated mapping file contains a number of work item attributes.

Regarding the work item type, you can add something like the following to your mapping file:

<attribute>
<value>
<value>
<value>
</attribute>

I don't know of any doc that lists the supported attributes per say, but if you look at the process configuration source and did a search on the string "com.ibm.team.workitem.attribute.", you would find work item attributes.

And if you had the source code, you can look at the WorkItemAttributes class.

Lorelei
Jazz CQ Connector Team

permanent link
Lorelei Ngooi (1.5k22) | answered Feb 12 '09, 2:16 p.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
Oops..

Regarding the work item type, you can add something like the following to your mapping file:

<attribute sourceId="record_type" targetId="com.ibm.team.workitem.attribute.workitemtype">
<value sourceId="Defect" targetId="defect"/>
<value sourceId="Task" targetId="task"/>
<value sourceId="Enhancement" targetId="enhancement"/>
</attribute>

Lorelei

Just wanted to make sure you knew about this link https://jazz.net/learn/LearnItem.jsp?href=content/tech-notes/rational-team-concert-1_0-importing-work-items/index.html.

The generated mapping file contains a number of work item attributes.

<attribute>
<value>
<value>
<value>
</attribute>

I don't know of any doc that lists the supported attributes per say, but if you look at the process configuration source and did a search on the string "com.ibm.team.workitem.attribute.", you would find work item attributes.

And if you had the source code, you can look at the WorkItemAttributes class.

Lorelei
Jazz CQ Connector Team

permanent link
Lorelei Ngooi (1.5k22) | answered Feb 13 '09, 8:47 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
When I provided that mapping fragment, I was making the assumption that the records you are importing has a field that contains the record type information.

Lorelei

permanent link
Stephen Kruger (361117) | answered Feb 16 '09, 4:52 p.m.
Thanks for the excellent responses.

That should solve my issues.

When I provided that mapping fragment, I was making the assumption that the records you are importing has a field that contains the record type information.

Lorelei

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.