It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Expanding an RTC infrastructure

Anthony Kesterton (7.5k7180136) | asked Sep 27 '13, 6:54 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
Hi

I currently have a JTS and CCM on one application server.  At a later date, I want to add more CCM applications - but on a new application server, pointing to the original JTS

I can't see a problem with this setup - can anyone else see a problem?

thanks

anthony

2 answers

permanent link
Ralph Schoon (63.1k33646) | answered Sep 27 '13, 7:18 a.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
edited Sep 27 '13, 7:19 a.m.
Hi Anthony, this is possible. I think we use this internally - the naming patterns suggest that.

I would suggest to have a reverse proxy in front of the whole system that provides the public URI.

Jim describes the steps here in the workshop setup: https://jazz.net/library/article/1093. 

Please note, if you have a common public URI using a proxy, you have to change the context root of the RTC servers. You get a pattern like

htpps://myuri/ccm
htpps://myuri/ccm2
htpps://myuri/ccm3
htpps://myuri/ccm4

You can use the silent install or the install to change the context root.

permanent link
Krzysztof Kaźmierczyk (7.4k374103) | answered Sep 27 '13, 7:21 a.m.

Hi Anthony,
This is supported configuration and we have big customers having such configuration (even more than 10 ccm servers for one jts).

Anyway you probably know that such configuration is supported. Is it tricky question?

Comments
Anthony Kesterton commented Sep 27 '13, 1:26 p.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER

Not a trick question - I was just wondering if the JTS cared if there was one ccm app on the same application server, then other ccm apps on another application server. I did not think so - just checking.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.