It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Why are we getting an Invalid Test Schedule error when trying to change the Test Plan Owner

Michael Walker (99215201157) | asked Jan 17 '13, 3:05 p.m.
Customer is on RQM 4.0.0.1.  They're trying to change the Owner of a Test Plan and when they hit Save they get this error:

The test plan has an invalid test schedule. The timeline associated to the test plan's team area does not match the timeline of the selected iteration.  Either select a valid team area, clear the schedule, or configure a new schedule.

Customer has Team Member role.  I went in as an Admin and was able to perform the same action with no error.  The test plan currently has no test schedules defined, but does have a timeline defined. 

Is this error really because they don't have a Test Schedule defined?  Or is this more of a permission error because I was able to make the change without an error but the customer wasn't.

Thanks,

Comments
Michael Walker commented Jan 23 '13, 12:58 a.m.

bump bump bump

Bob Gallagher commented Feb 22 '13, 9:24 a.m.

What do you mean by this "The test plan currently has no test schedules defined, but does have a timeline defined." ?
Could you attach a screen shot of your plan's test schedule section? 

Kevin Ramer commented Feb 22 '13, 9:56 a.m.

QM 4 does the milestones much differently than prior versions.  A timeline/iteration structure much like RTC is now the modus.

One answer

permanent link
Tory Jaskoviak (52015) | answered Mar 05 '13, 11:53 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
Hi Michael,

Looking at the code, it seems that this error message is presented when the test plan iteration development line does not equal the development line from the process area. I do not think you have any issues with permissions.

There is probably an issue with your timeline/iteration configuration. Please see the RQM 4.0 Info Center with information how to correctly configure a timelines and iterations: https://pic.dhe.ibm.com/infocenter/clmhelp/v4r0/index.jsp?topic=%2Fcom.ibm.jazz.platform.doc%2Ftopics%2Fc_creating_timelines_iterations_iteration_types.html.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.