It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Development Plan - ability to Display a tree view which includes plan work items and all their related execution work items (including 'Affected by')

Liora Milbaum (513289118) | asked Jul 29 '14, 11:02 a.m.
 CLM 4.0.4

We use in our daily meetings the Development Plan - Iteration View.  It is a must to see all plan items and their related execution work items. Execution work items should include uncompleted tasks and affected by defects opened by the testers, all in the same view. 

Currently, there is no way to configure in one view both relationships. 

Please advice,
Liora

Accepted answer

permanent link
Ralph Schoon (63.3k33646) | answered Jul 29 '14, 11:16 a.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
A tree view in RTC can only follow one relationship today. You can however add a column that shows relationships included testcases affected by defects.
Liora Milbaum selected this answer as the correct answer

Comments
Liora Milbaum commented Jul 29 '14, 9:38 p.m.

Thanks Ralph.

Do you think this feature will be enabled in feature releases? 

Ralph Schoon commented Jul 30 '14, 2:02 a.m.

With the lack of a crystal ball, Liora......

I am not even sure how you could do this, because drag and drop would become very hard to handle. Another aspect is performance which suffers from more and more work items to be loaded. If you think it would be useful, I'd suggest to create a work item. However, since other relationships can be displayed as columns, I don't see that pressure.

Ralph Schoon commented Jul 30 '14, 2:14 a.m.

In case you did not realize this way you should be able to see more dimensions:

Liora Milbaum commented Jul 31 '14, 12:17 a.m.

Great. It is good enough for now.

Thanks Ralph

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.